Vivi's Story - February 2012 

I am Vivi and I live in British Columbia, Canada. Turning 40 was a little tougher for me than for most other people: within the first three months my health mysteriously declined and I developed a seizure disorder. I’d had an ugly bull’s eye rash from a ‘spider bite’ behind my knee, too, but no one thought anything of it at the time…. I was much more concerned about the side effects of the anti-convulsants, which seemed to cause slower thinking, fatigue, and weight gain. I went through 9 different epilepsy meds before I found one I could tolerate.

Then I developed menorrhagia, requiring two endometrial ablations and ultimately a hysterectomy. The hysterectomy didn’t heal properly, leaving me with adhesions. More surgery followed. In the meantime, I was becoming more and more arthritic, forgetful, and exhausted. My GP suspected burnout, although I assured her I loved my job. I took an unpaid leave of absence to sort myself out, seeing more neurologists, a rheumatologist, a physiotherapist, an infectious disease specialist, an allergist, and even a psychiatrist. All meant well, but none could find a cause or a definitive diagnosis.

With renewed determination I returned to work, but it quickly became clear that I couldn’t handle it. Within two months I had dropped to half time and within three more, I crashed completely both mentally and physically.

That was 2006. Shortly thereafter my family found the symptom list at, which in turn helped me get a diagnosis of Lyme disease, including various co-infections.

Two LLMD’s [Lyme Literate Medical Doctors] supervised my treatment for the next four years and I made a quite a bit of progress on various combinations of antibiotics, anti-malarials, anti-fungals, and supplements; however, each combination ceased to work after about three months and I was running out of options.

In 2010 no new combination seemed to help and I regressed no matter what we tried. At the end of 2010, financial resources were depleted and the pain was so bad I contemplated suicide.

At the beginning of 2011, I heard about three people in the Lyme community who had regained their health by following the Marshall Protocol. Since I had nothing left to lose, I decided to give it a try. The protocol is simpler, less expensive, and easier to access than my former regimens.

As of February 26, 2012, I am just shy of one year into treatment, but already I can see glimpses of my future healthy self. Although I have experienced herxes/IP, there have been no regressions and I have an abundance of optimism and hope.

I shall update this story annually until I am completely well!

Contact us here.

This free website was made using Yola.

No HTML skills required. Build your website in minutes.

Go to and sign up today!

Make a free website with Yola